Wednesday, July 22, 2009

GOOD MUSIC II

My GOOD MUSIC installments will be done a little differently than those of TSO. I will mostly be writing reviews of albums, and occasionally singles, but I wont be providing you with a link to download them. Just know that only quality music will be posted here, and I highly recommend that you download the music by your own means.
LP by Discovery

LP is a stunning electro-pop collab between Wes Miles of Ra Ra Riot and Rostam Batmanglij of Vampire Weekend, with a contribution from Vampire Weekend's Ezra Koenig. The album has a powerful opening three tracks with "Orange Shirt," "Osaka Loop Line," and "Can You Discover?" and Discovery makes excellent use of tempo change to transfer between sections of the songs. The talent from Vampire Weekend is what drew me to this album. The melodies on the keyboard by Batmanglij are sweet and creative, and in my opinion, make most of the songs, and Koenig plus auto-tune equals some catchy electro tunes to make for a fun, innovative summer soundtrack. Track listing below, with asterisks indicating standout tracks.

LP
01. Orange Shirt*
02. Osaka Loop Line*
03. Can You Discover?*
04. I Wanna Be Your Boyfriend [ft. Angel Deradoorian]
05. So Insane
06. Swing Tree
07. Carby [ft. Ezra Koenig]*
08. I Want You Back*
09. It's Not My Fault (It's My Fault)
10. Slang Tang

Enjoy,
The Crane

No comments:

Post a Comment